It’s that time of year again—time for spring cleaning! While you get your home ready for the new season, it’s a great time to think about spring cleaning your health, as well. Drinking plenty of water, eating fresh foods…and focusing on the quality of your indoor air. You and your family bring a variety of pollutants into your home every day, usually without even realizing it. This can result in all sorts of illnesses and respiratory conditions. Luckily, there are a variety of things you can do to keep your indoor air—and your bodies—safe and clean.
- Turn your home into a smoke free zone. You already know smoking can have incredibly damaging effects to your health, but it releases all sorts of toxins into your indoor air, as well.
- Clean your home regularly. This reduces the dust and bacteria which can pollute your air and lead to respiratory illness.
- Switch out your cleaning products with natural or nontoxic varieties. All those lemon-scented sprays and bleaches might smell nice, but they add to the air pollution inside your home.
- Test for radon. Radon is an invisible gas and can cause harmful diseases like lung cancer.
- Ventilate your home. With the warm weather, you can easily let your home “breathe” and flush out toxins with fresh air. It’s also important to install exhaust fans in the bathrooms and kitchen.
- Call Appel! We are well versed in a variety of Indoor Air Quality issues and will conduct a thorough inspection of your home in order to make suggestions that fit your particular needs.