The kids are out of school and begging for some fun summer activities, but we don’t always have the time or money to take a much needed vacation. Luckily, Indiana is full of fun things to do—all within a day’s drive!
- Holiday World: Roller coasters, rides, amusements, and a waterpark, all in beautiful Santa Claus, Indiana!
- Indiana Dunes State Park: Pretend you’re by the ocean while sunning yourself along any of the Dune’s 15 miles of Lake Michigan beachfront. You will find lots of great hiking opportunities over those rugged dunes, wetlands, and prairies.
- Indianapolis Zoo: Get a family membership for extra savings this summer. Dolphins and orangutans and butterflies, oh my!
- Rhythm Discovery Center: Located in downtown Indy, this percussion museum is one of a kind. Visitors are encouraged to bang away on most of the “artifacts!”
- Turkey Run State Park & Sugar Creek: Hike through the beautiful forests and ravines, then throw on your swimsuit, grab a raft, and float lazily down Sugar Creek.
- Wolf Creek Habitat: Interact with some of North America’s most majestic creatures, just a short hop away in Brookville, Indiana.